Sunday, February 8, 2015

Mission Farewell and Welcome Home!

        Today we went to a Mission farewell and a Welcome home.  It was great!  First we went to a Mission Farewell of Shaylee Jensen's in our own ward.  It was one of the best meeting I have been to for awhile and the spirit was so strong.  Shaylee shared a lot of great personal stories about when she lived in San Fransisco on an internship and kind of what brought her to the decision to serve a mission.  She had some very great stories and thoughts that were very inspiring.  Skyler and his new wife Cristina sang the most beautiful song "I know that my redeemer lives".  It was sang in such a spiritual and touched my soul.

          Second we went to Nicole Smith's welcome home from her mission in Romania.  She also gave a marvelous talk.  I loved hearing her stories and about all the people that she taught and got acquainted with.  It was also very touching.   She actually had the same conference talk that I had when I gave my talk a couple of weeks ago called Ponder the path of our feet by Thomas S. Monson.  I loved how she applied it to people she had taught.  Well I will end my letter with some pictures from our family dinner today.

Welcome Home Nicole

All the recently returned missionaries


Nicole with Grandma and Grandpa

No comments:

Post a Comment